When you are the injured victim of a motor vehicle accident, or sustain injuries in a slip and fall on a public or a private property, an experienced personal injury lawyer should be contacted as soon as possible to deal with the following areas:
- Many practicing physicians are not fully familiar with the laws requiring pre-certification of treatment and diagnostic tests for services performed when you injured in a motor vehicle accident. You are allowed to treat as necessary for the first ten (10) days subsequent to the accident date, but the law requires pre-certification thereafter.
- An experienced personal injury attorney can advise you of your rights and responsibilities as well as the rights and responsibilities of the treating physicians regarding the provision of medical treatment.
Slip and Fall Accidents
- Medical treatment for slip and fall accidents can be more difficult to obtain, as not all doctors will treat victims who do not have medical insurance that will pay for the necessary treatment.
- An experienced personal injury attorney has the ability to answer your questions regarding the provision of medical care for your injuries.
- It is important to determine if you have a valid claim, so that you are not lead astray by inexperienced counsel.
Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Everyone injured in a motor vehicle accident must determine if they have to satisfy the Limitation on Lawsuit Threshold, some other required threshold, or are subject to no threshold whatsoever. An experienced personal injury lawyer will know which threshold applies and will help to ensure that you are able to meet the legal standard or advise if you are not able to meet the standard.
Slip and Fall Accidents
- In most cases a threshold does not exist, however, if you were injured on property owned by a public entity, the Threshold required by the New Jersey Tort Claims Act (Title 59) may apply. This standard is extremely tough both regarding the nature of the injuries as well as liability standards. An experienced personal injury lawyer will know if the threshold applies and whether your injuries and the liability situation will be sufficient to satisfy the legal standard.
- In all accidents where you have sustained an injury, it is necessary to speak to an experienced personal injury lawyer who can realistically advise whether a claim is feasible. You may not always like what you hear, but the Law Offices of Brian V. Lucianna will always honestly advise you of the realities of a claim.
- To ensure that any property damage to your vehicle is satisfied by the insurance company for the person who caused the accident. When an accident is caused by someone else, their insurance company should pay for your property damage without regard to deductibles, and should provide you with the necessary rental car, should you need one. An experienced personal injury attorney can help.
- It is necessary to conduct a thorough investigation as soon as possible after any accident resulting in personal injury. Sometimes, especially in a situation where it can be anticipated that liability for an accident will be challenged, an investigator working for you is essential to the success of your claim.
- Whether you were the unfortunate victim of a motor vehicle accident, bitten by an animal, or have sustained injuries while on a public or private property, the Law Offices of Brian V. Lucianna will handle your matter for free and will not seek payment of any costs expended should the matter not be successfully resolved. We take all such matters on a contingent fee basis, and do not expect payment from you unless we are successful.