DO NOT GO TO MUNICIPAL COURT ALONE
Why? Some things to consider:
- Know the nature of the charge & the possible results
- A guilty plea to many traffic violations results in the imposition of points through the New Jersey Division of Motor Vehicles as well as insurance company points.
- Some criminal charges may result in the imposition of significant fines and imprisonment. Consult with a legal professional with over thirty years of experience who will sort out the differences.
GUILTY PLEAS TO SOME “NON-POINT” TICKETS MAY RESULT IN THE IMPOSITION OF “INSURANCE POINTS”
- A guilty plea to a traffic charge in Municipal Court without a lawyer’s assistance to a so-called “non-point” ticket may result in your insurance company assessing its own surcharges anyway. The financial penalties can be significant.
YOU MAY HAVE A VALID DEFENSE
- There may be lesser charges to which a guilty plea may be entered or where there is insufficient proof to convict you. A guilty plea to some charges without the assistance of legal counsel could result in the imposition of high insurance surcharges, significant monetary fines, a driver’s license suspension or even imprisonment.
- Only an experienced and qualified legal professional with knowledge of the current laws can help you understand your options and make an informed choice as to how to proceed in Court.